University Committee for the Protection of Personal Data (UCPPD)
UCPPD provides processes and structures for best practices regarding the security and protection of personal data in possession of the University, including:
- Review current campus collection and uses of social security numbers and other personal identifying information as defined by the North Carolina Identity Theft Protection Act.
- Approving or disapproving such collection and use of personally identifiable information.
- Reviewing security measures associated with hard copy forms and electronic templates that contain personally identifiable information.
- Documenting the University’s processes for the collection and use of personally identifiable information (including Social Security numbers).
- Recommending institutional changes needed for continuing compliance or best practices.
- Oversight of activities needed to implement the Red Flags Rule.
See the UCPPD Review Process document for details on submitting a request for UCPPD approval.
|Micki Jernigan, Chair||Information Technology Services||Chief Privacy Officer|
|Dennis Schmidt||Information Technology Services||Interim Chief Information Security Officer|
|Chris Garriss||Internal Audit||Information Systems Auditor|
|Barron Matherly||Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost||Assistant Provost for Finance|
|Rich Arnold||Office of Human Resources||Senior Director, HR Information Management|
|David T. Lambeth III||Office of University Counsel||Assistant University Counsel|
|Christy Samford||Office of University Registrar||Deputy Registrar|
|Chris Williams, ITEC Rep||Student Affairs||IT Director|
Meeting Dates & Deadlines
The UCPPD meets monthly. Requests must be submitted for review at least 10 business days before the meeting in order to be considered for that month’s agenda. See the UCPPD Review Process document for details on submission requirements.
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
Supplement A to Appendix A (Provides examples of Red Flags – scroll about halfway down page)